American Public Square, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization in Kansas City, invites the public to a presentation entitled “NATO: Truman to Trump” on Dec. 6, 2017 from 7-9 p.m. at the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum (500 W U.S. Hwy 24, Independence, Mo.). A reception will begin at 6:30. Admission is free.
The event will be conducted in a panel discussion format and address several questions about the NATO organization:
- What is NATO’s role in the post-Cold War era?
- What are the United States’ obligations vis-a-vis other NATO members?
- Should NATO membership continue to expand?
- Is NATO up to the challenges of 21st-century security?
- Ivo Daalder, U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO 2009-2013
- Nina Jankowicz, George F. Kennan Fellow, Kennan Institute, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Barry R. Posen, Ford International Professor of Political Science, MIT
- Stephen Walt, Robert and Renee Belfer Professor of International Affairs, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard