The 2012 Fort Leavenworth Ethics Symposium was conducted Dec. 3-6, 2012.
The 2012 theme:
The Ethics of Vicarious Warfare
The 2014 ethics symposium sought to understand issues surrounding warfare in a new technological environment. What is the ethical application of expanding technologies in war? Are we capable of understanding the full scope of challenges technology presents us? Do we comprehend the ethical boundaries that separate a Soldier from a mercenary – and what are those boundaries?
Downloads and other resources
• 2012 Ethics Symposium Program – Includes the agenda, panel and breakout session summaries, guest speaker and panel member biographies and other details.
• 2012 Symposium Papers and Presentations
- Papers Presented (6mb zip file)
- Other Papers (1mb zip file)
- Presentations (12mb zip file)
Previous Symposium Reports 2009-2011
2011 Symposium Report (2mb pdf)
2010 Symposium Report (4mb pdf)
2009 Symposium Report (2mb pdf)