CGSC Foundation Alumni, Friends, and Supporters –
Happy New Year! We enter 2021 with the hope that things will be better than what we experienced in 2020. Our Foundation continues to execute its mission: enriching the academic environment by offering extracurricular activities and research opportunities that enhance the education of CGSC students and faculty; connecting the College and all its goodness and talent with those outside the gates through programs and activities that foster outreach and understanding; and, enhancing the quality of life for service members and military families here at Fort Leavenworth through support to community services, reading programs, and activities that recognize and honor their service to our nation. I invite you to join us.
We have planned some exciting new and traditional programs for the year:
- We continue our partnership with the Wreaths Across America program. Our goal this year is by the first of December to have a wreath for each of the 23,000 graves at the Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery. I hope you’ll join us with this effort.
- We have kicked off our 2021 college scholarship award contest. Over the next two months we’ll accept applications for scholarships from the relatives of our Alumni Association Life Members. In addition to our cash scholarships, we have partnered with Park University to make available renewable tuition scholarships. Check out the details on our scholarships page.
- We continue to grow our Alumni Association program. We are adding new members daily and continue to reach out to both resident and non-resident graduates. Our alumni site is very active and various program rewards and affinity groups are proving to be of value to our members.
- Our Gift Shop is available online, serving folks around the world by offering CGSC and Fort Leavenworth unique items and souvenirs. Our embroidered clothing items are great for showing your school colors and are always great conversation starters that visually show your accomplishments.
- As the COVID-19 restrictions lift, we will look to present lecture series at venues both on and off the fort, conduct our National Security Roundtables, and host visits to the College and the fort. We also plan to make presentations at venues across the country, not only demonstrating the excellence of the College but also connecting with our alumni. Watch for an event near you.
- Both here and at the satellite campuses, we will once again reward academic excellence by providing awards to the top graduates of both SAMS and CGSOC this summer.
- We’ll also publish our spring and fall editions of the Foundation News magazine. I invite you to send me updates to add to our “Alumni Updates” feature.
- In 2021, we’ll also look forward to being much more active with the International Military Student Division and the international families here with us at the fort.
What you do when you support our Foundation matters. Your continued support of our development programs, activities, and campaigns demonstrates to those who serve that you value them and what they do. COVID-19 has hampered development activities and we need your support now more than ever.
We look forward to an exciting 2021 and new opportunities to support the College and the outstanding patriots who selflessly serve. Join us.
Best wishes. Be safe.
Roderick M. Cox
President/Chief Executive Officer
CGSC Foundation, Inc.