The CGSC Foundation has selected the CGSC Foundation Trustee Class of 2018, as the “Persons of the Month” for March 2019.
The CGSC Foundation brought in eight new trustees to the board in calendar year 2018:
• Mr. Farhad Azima, Chairman, ALG Transportation, Inc.
• Lt. Col. (USA Ret.) Sandra Doyle, Assistant Professor, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College
• Ms. Elaine Drodge Koch, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
• Ms. Lyn Lakin, former President, Board of Directors, International Relations Council
• Mr. Patrick Leis, Director of Operations, Blue Hat Crane & Equipment
• Mr. Terry Lillis, Chief Financial Officer (Ret.), Principal Financial Group
• Col. (USA Ret.) James Pottorff, General Counsel, University of Nebraska
• Mr. Shane Smeed, Vice President & COO, Park University
“Collectively, the eight new trustees that joined our board in 2018 have made a significant impact,” said Foundation Chair Mike Hockley. “Each has certainly brought unique knowledge and experience to our board, but the synergy of the group already has affected how we see our mission, how we are approaching fund raising and how we are collectively maintaining accountability. The Foundation is only 13 years old, but new ideas are always welcome.”
Hockley added that a simple review of the new trustees’ current job descriptions is telling.
“We’ve always had great trustees, but this group is really special,” Hockley said. “All of them are still active in their careers and their communities and that energy is being infused into our leadership.”
According to Hockley, the key issues facing the board of trustees in 2019 are fundraising and programs and the new trustees are integral to ensuring the viability of the Foundation through those efforts.
The CGSC Foundation began recognizing “Persons of the Month” in 2015 to recognize people who make significant contributions to the Foundation mission in support of the College. Our eight new trustees have begun making their mark and are truly deserving of our “Persons of the Month” honor for March 2019.